Mobogenie is a unique Android Community that lets Android phone users manage their devices from a PC. The seamless experience not only lets you control your android in a much smoother way, but the problems of a touch screen are also neutralized since you can publish your SMS using your PC. Not only this managing Multimedia and Applications on your Phones becomes as easy as a click.
With Mobogenie, you have immediate access to thousands of applications and games provided by Mobogenie. You can publish, convert, and share Personal Content of all types for your cell phone – Videos, Photos, Ringtones, Applications and Games.
Upload your material from your PC and use Mobogenie to convert and adapt it for your cell phone: in few, easy, steps!
MOBOGENIE is your Android on Your PC – dedicated to one and all who relishes personalization and entertainment amenities for Android.
We aim to become the largest Android Web Community in the World.
Here are some points to get you started.
• How to connect your Android Smartphone using USB connection with Mobogenie ?
1. Launch Mobogenie program.
2. Before connection, please make sure the USB cord is working, and then connect your phone to PC via USB cord.
3. Follow the three steps in the Mobogenie Connection Wizard.
- 3.1 The connection guide will tell you to check the connection status, so, let’s jump to Step 2.
- 3.2 Step.2: It requires you to enable USB Debugging on your phone to connect your phone to Mobogenie . Follow the instruction in the connection guide. Click Menu -> Setting -> Applications -> Development->USB debugging on your device to enable USB Debugging.
- 3.3 Make sure that the device driver has been properly installed on your computer.
Note: this step might take a few minutes when connecting for the first time.
4. Click Connect (bind) to connect your phone or click Cancel to cancel.
Note: Binding will create a mini cache for your phone storing information which will shorten future connection times.
5. Then, your phone should be able to connect to Mobogenie Client. If it still doesn’t work, please click Feedback section and Report it there! You can post your problem to the Mobogenie forum as well; our staff will reply you to help you out immediately.
• What is USB Debugging and Unknown Sources?
1. USB Debugging and Unknown Sources
If you have trouble in connecting your Android device with Mobogenie , please make sure you have enabled USB Debugging and Unknown Sources on your phone. These options are required by Mobogenie for connection.
To enable USB Debugging,
2.x.y : Select Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging -> Check the box.
4.x.y : Select Settings -> Developer tools -> Enable USB Debugging -> Check the box.
To enable Unknown Source,
2.x.y : Select Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources -> Check the box.
4.x.y : Select Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources -> Check the box.
Now, you can try re-plug your USB Cord to establish connection.
2. What is USB Debugging?
USB debugging is a development tool utilized to copy data between your device and computer. With “USB Debugging” enabled, Mobogenie can create a connection with your android device. On default, “USB Debugging” is disabled and requires to be enabled.
3. What is Unknown Source?
Unknown Source allows installation of App not found in the Android Market. You need to enable it so that Mobogenie can install the Mobogenie Phone Daemon on your device.
Mobogenie Phone Daemon is an App installed automatically on your phone at the first time you connect your device to Mobogenie using a USB cord, which ensures connection and data transfer between Mobogenie and your android device. Moborob Inc. guaranteed that Mobogenie Phone Deamon is safe and virus-free.
Now, you can try re-plugging your USB Cord to establish connection.
• How to backup (contacts, messages, call records, etc.) on your Android Smartphone with Mobogenie?
1. Go to the welcome screen and click on the “Backup” button after that a window opens up.
2. Select the content you would like to backup.
3. Click “Next”.
• Will the data that I backup be shared with others?
No the Data that is backed up is your personal content which will only be stored locally for your personal use & Mobogenie will not share that information with anyone.
Download and Install
• How to install/uninstall Apps on your Android Smartphone with Mobogenie?
1. Open Mobogenie program.
2. Connect your Android Smartphone to your computer through a USB cord. Mobogenie should recognize your phone in a few seconds. (AFTER BINDING/CONNECTING & NOT ON FIRST USE)
3. Select “Android Market” & Install Apps from Mobogenie Webstore
- 3.1 Hover the cursor on an App icon, click on the “Install” button. Mobogenie will start downloading and installing the selected App.
- 3.2 You can check the download/install process in the Download Management.
4. Uninstall Apps
- 4.1 To uninstall Apps on your Android Smartphone, click on the Apps. Check an App on the installed App list. Click on the “Uninstall” button on the top.
- 4.2 An Uninstall Note will pop up. You can choose uninstall method, then click “OK”. The uninstallation process will begin.
• How to send SMS through Mobogenie on PC?
1. Click on message button on the Home Screen or you can go through the Messages section.
2. Proceed to type a reply or a new message.
3. Hit Send when done
• How Does Mobogenie manage videos?
Mobo Genie uses the default assigned Video player to play videos. Double click a video to select it & It will play.
NOTE: The COMPUTER should have the appropriate codec installed, in case the video fails to play please download the appropriate codec/codec pack from the internet.
• What are Mobogenie supported devices? (dropdown list/box)
• What if the USB driver cannot be installed?
- 1. At the first time to connect your phone to Mobogenie, the USB Driver for your phone will be automatically installed to your phone. The time required to install the USB Driver depends on your internet connection speed. Please wait patiently for the process to complete. Your phone will not be able to connect to Mobogenie if the USB Driver is not installed successfully.
- 2. If the USB Driver cannot be installed, please provide the following information to us. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.
- 3. Please contact us at support@Mobogenie .com
Your PC Operating System.
- 4. Right click my computer on your PC, then select Properties to find your PC Operating System. Please offer us the following information, including Windows edition, installed memory (RAM) and system type.
Your Device info.
- 5. Your Phone Brand & Model & Your Phone Firmware Version
- a. Your Phone Brand:
- b. Your phone model number:
- c. Your Phone Firmware Version:
- 6. Select Settings-> about phone to find Model number and Android version.
- 7. Find your hardware ID and send us the screenshot of it.
- 8. You can find it by hovering on My Computer and click the right mouse button -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Android USB Device -> Select your device -> Properties -> Details -> Hardware ID)
- 9. The link below will help you find it http://www.Mobogenie .com/help/others/2012/1119/42.html
- 10. 4.1. Would you please create two folders named “Log” and “Trace” on your Mobogenie destination location (You can find it by hovering on the Mobogenie icon and click the right mouse button–Properties–shortcut–Find file location)
- 11. 4.2. Launch Mobogenie for a while.
- 12. 4.3. Mail us the “Log” folder. We need it to track down what has caused the problem on your side! (The “Trace” folder is an auxiliary folder. There is no need to send this folder to us!)
- 13. 4.4. After mailing us the “Log”, please delete it on your PC, or it will always make a record.
- 14. Note: You don’t have to create the “Log” folder if the folder has already existed.
• How to find Hardware ID?
When the driver cannot be installed, we would like to ask you to provide the Hardware Ids for us to track down the issue.
- 1. Hover on My Computer and click the right mouse button, then select Manage.
- 2. Click Device Manager and then click Android USB Device.
- 3. Select your device and click the right mouse button
- 4. Click properties from the dropdown list.
- 5. Click Details and then click Device description button to select Hardware Ids
- 6. Send the Hardware Ids information to us
- 7. If you cannot find hardware Ids, please send us the information of compatible Ids.
• How can I contact Mobogenie?
For feedback/support related queries please refer to the Feedback within the client.
NOTE: Please use a valid Email address & Provide all the information marked with a “*”so as to provide you with the best possible solution